1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Website for Fundamentals

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by akhtar80, Sep 26, 2017.

1. akhtar80

akhtar80 Responder

Dear All,

I have been following www.marketsmojo.com website for quite some time for fundamentals. This is a nice platform which gives comprehensive view on Financials, Returns, Shareholdings, etc. which I think will be useful for all of us.

Also, on the NSE website you can find out where bulk deals took place on either buy or selling side. This will help you identify where big companies or called FIIs are moving i.e. IN or OUT. Accordingly you can take your decisions.

Link of website is :
    https://www.nseindia.com/products/content/equities/equities/bulk.htm

Few Points to remember while analyzing stocks on this Bulk Deals:

1. please FOCUS ONLY on Nifty 50 stocks else you could be trapped in Upper Circuit or Lower Circuit incase of Illiquid Stocks (stocks where normally not many investors buy or sell).

2. Don't follow any individual buyers or sellers in Bulk Deals.
    Reason Why:
    Please see carefully that many big investors buy and sell it the same day or next day. So, special attention to be paid that you must not follow any of these Individual investors, no matter how good they are.

I have learnt one thing in life is that no matter what a capitalist, big investors or portfolio manager says or how good his deeds are or philanthropist he is. His main objective is to make money. A person can never ever do both these things together, specially in the stock market because his business is to sell at high price.

Example: There are many people who have made million or billions they have mentality of showing off that I have bought this - this share (Illiquid Stock) and it will do good business. Next day retail investors like us stand in queue to buy that stock.

Now, think why did he published it? Because, he invested in an illiquid stock, where normally no retail investors would ever get in. So, if the big investor has to sell it at higher price he must have some buyers, so he creates an impression that he has done us a big favour by telling us that he has invested in this particular stock which will create wealth for us but it is always the opposite that retailers loose money.
    Mainly retail investors look at positional or short term trade they and can't hold on to a stock for 3 / 5 / 10 years as they don't have alot of money and in the panic when they see prices falling they sell it for a loss. This is called PUMP & DUMP Policy.
    These are just my observations no offence to anyone.

3. Look for Funds, Big Bank or Investment Companies ONLY. If they have bought, you can consider it for buying and if they have sold then you can look at selling.
    Why:
    because they do not take decision hastily and you can easily sell it once you have made some profit.

Also all of you are requested to kindly share any more useful websites that you may know.

Regards,
    parvez akhtar

2. waseem163

waseem163 Member

Employed
    Nice article Akhtar bhai, points raised are really fundamental learning for every trader/investor

3. akhtar80

akhtar80 Responder

Shukriya Waseem Bhai,
    All this I have learnt hard way which I believe I must tell everyone.
    Hopefully, everyone's experience will help all of us.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Great article @akhtar80

Still don't buy behind big names and you should do your own research first.

5. akhtar80

akhtar80 Responder

ofcourse that goes without saying and due diligence is definitely required.
    Thank you for appreciating @shabbir

shabbir and bnnarayana like this.
  6. raphelabhilash

raphelabhilash Member

@akhtar80, Thanks a lot. Outstanding article...

7. akhtar80

akhtar80 Responder

Thanks @raphel brother

raphelabhilash likes this.
  8. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

The pleasure is all mine.

9. akhtar80

akhtar80 Responder

shabbir likes this.
  10. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion