1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

New Areas For Investment

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by madhuvarsha, Nov 23, 2017.

1. madhuvarsha

madhuvarsha Member

I feel following new areas are going to prevalent in next 10 years or more:
    • Solar Energy
    • Electric Buses
    • Solid Waste Management
    • LED Lights
    • Air Purifiers
    • Water Management
    • Parking Solutions
    • IT Companies - WIPRO, TCS, InfoSys, HCL supporting IoT ,Smart City
    • Telecom Company - RJIO
    What is the forum comments on this ? Can we identifiy prospect Companies for investement?

Regards
    Madhukar

mk27418 likes this.
  2. sartajbagga

sartajbagga Member

I think solar energy, air purifiers, etc. will play a major role in our lives in near future. Hence the market looks good for them.

3. madhuvarsha

madhuvarsha Member

Shabbir Bhai and others indicate some good investment avenues for all members.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Here are my views on your list.
    • Solar Energy - I will let Government do all the investments. If I have to consider someone, I will focus on company that supply equipments and not Green power generation companies like Suzlon
    • Electric Buses - Again the focus shouldn't be too much on Auto maker but raw materials. I prefer Amara Raja for a decade but Exide and other can be a good play as well.
    • Solid Waste Management - Let government do the investment and I wouldn't
    • LED Lights - We are late now.
    • Air Purifiers - Eureka forbes isn't listed. :D
    • Water Management - Coca Cola for sure as Warren Buffet has investment in it but isn't considering it.
    • Parking Solutions - Something to look at but not sure if we have any listed company in this space.
    • IT Companies - WIPRO, TCS, InfoSys, HCL supporting IoT ,Smart City - I am looking for an Indian IT company that has focus on products than on services.
    • Telecom Company - RJIO - I don't invest in commodity like companies. They are too cyclical in nature.

mk27418 likes this.
  5. madhuvarsha

madhuvarsha Member

Good insight.
    So, we have opportunity in
    • Solar Equipment Supplier company
    • Electric Vehicle Raw material supplier company
    • IT Company - with product focus

6. shabbir

Thats my view on the selected lists. I will prefer companies with unique proposition than investing only for a theme.

suhel_b, bnnarayana and mk27418 like this.
  7. suhel_b

suhel_b Member

For me clear is bette than doubtful (may be, can be etc.)
    2 stocks that I am sure for now to invest is TCS and Amara. Shabbir can shed some lights on valuation.
    Rest, most themes have if....than..else.
    Even if IOT or EV theme don’t pick up or simply burst, these stocks will still be worthy.
    Your opinion friends?

Sent from my iPhone using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

8. mailtoswarup

mailtoswarup Member

If we look around in urban areas, see the number of new dental care clinics coming up. I think dental care equipment manufacturers, raw material suppliers and pharma companies focusing on drugs used in dental care can do well in coming years. What you all think? Shabbir ji whats your opinion. Though till now i have not found a listed company of this type., If you all know please share.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

9. shabbir

I am invested in Amara but for IT companies, I am still looking for a product based company than a services oriented company.
    Good way to look at it but then I see most of the Pharma companies are available at dirt cheap valuations and so as of now I am focusing on those that can rebound the strongest when the table turns. My investment in Divis has been working really well.

10. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

11. shabbir

I had seen that company but the work that they do and the valuations that it is trading isn't very comforting for me to dig in this company deeper.

12. bhat64

bhat64 Apprentice

Shabbir to your point on product based IT few companies I can think of Intellect design, nucleus software, Tanla, 8k miles (cloud computing services not products)..let me know if any of these vibe well with you

Sent from my iPhone using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

13. shabbir

8k miles - Cloud computing based services and it is the only issue that I am looking for a product based turn key solutions that is scalable these days. What they do is somewhat I also do and so often it is capped by human intervention.
    Tanla - Again it isn't a product based company and ideally most of the IT company has product that they can provide services for. Like you develop a product and then team implement it for you. Not something I consider as a product. Like for example their iOT of product does mean they will customize it for my enterprise needs. To an extent good but what I am looking for is some company that has some IoT product where other companies can develop their API on it.
    Nucleus - Again their products are pretty much inline with finserve products that the serve but not a service like a PayTM.
    Intellect - Yet another Fintech company.

14. madhuvarsha

madhuvarsha Member

How do you see WIPRO performance? They have intitiated buyback of shares..

15. shabbir

I don't like to invest in service based company as of now.

16. vjx

vjx Member

What is the differentiator do you look for in stocks from the same industry? What are the other pharmaceutical stocks do you recommend?

Sent from my BLN-L22 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

17. shabbir

18. madhuvarsha

madhuvarsha Member

Any suggestion from these small caps ?

Efficiency pays in the long run. Among the top smallcap plays on Dalal Street, 30 companies with stable return on equity (RoE) and return on capital employed (RoCE) have surged up to 8,500 per cent over the past five years.

All these companies had a debt-to-equity ratio of less than 1 and have been maintaining RoE and RoCE of over 20 per cent since 2012-13.

Read more at:
    //economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/61874866.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NIO&type=investment&ncode=03fd67a6a31015d1eb3c110c369fa1d1&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

19. shabbir

Good to see some of my stocks in that list.
    Zydus Wellness is in my portfolio https://shabbir.in/wealth-building-portfolio-jan-2016/
    VGuard for quite sometime - https://www.diytechnicalanalysis.com/community/threads/v-guard-can-be-a-good-play.98/ and has already been 10 bagger considering splits and bonus.
    Avanti - I like Waterbase over avanti or Apex - https://www.diytechnicalanalysis.co...cks-and-thoughts-on-the-same.2416/#post-12823

abhijitupsc likes this.