1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Chart latter

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bhat64, Apr 24, 2018.

1. bhat64

bhat64 Apprentice

What should I infer from a long term chart which looks like this. I took 5 year chart and saw a rounding bottom formation and took a small bet only to see it reverse later. Then took the 15 years chart and saw a wavy pattern. Any guidance since I am learning pattern analysis although my portfolio is on fundamentals right now. IMG_2278.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

2. rcube1972

rcube1972 Member

A pattern formed over a span of few years means little. The simple reason being investors that were there a few years back might have exited and a new set of investors have entered.

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Agree. The business is cyclical in nature and nothing more can be inferred. You will a lot similar chart of Tata Steel as well.

rcube1972 likes this.
  4. mk27418

mk27418 Active Member

Chart for comparatively short period seems more like an analytical chart while chart for longer version seems to be a more trend chart.a wavy chart in longer version making some angle should be considered better and such trendy approach a better way for analysing graph...thanks...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app