1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Repro India ltd

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by deepmukherjee123, Jun 1, 2018.

1. deepmukherjee123

deepmukherjee123 Member

Service
    Repro India Ltd :
    A buiseness like ola/ Uber a content aggregator ... Can this be a good story ?? This company was a loss making company, but what exactly has changed in this they have entered into BOD segment. Past two to three including this quarter they have stopped reporting losses and now the company is making profit. Few highlights of Q4 results.
    Sales up by 10% YoY, Operating Profit turned from negative to profit with a whopping climb of 417% YoY, Operating margin at 10%,Net Profit up by 220%. At present they are selling more than 7000 books per day which is increasing every quarter ( Last quarter was 5500 books per day).As per the company by 2021, online books sales will touch 8000 crores and they are trying to capture large market share.The pace at which they are growing If this continues that over next 3 years it can contribute significantly to the sales.
    With very minimal capex they can sell 20000 books per day. Assuming cost per book of 400, they can reach sales figure of 300+ crores just from E-retail business with minimal capex.

Can this be a multibagger ??

Discl: Holding

mk27418 likes this.
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I don't think so because a company with 2 years in loss making and still only making 4% as OPM isn't convincing to me.

Actually I am not able to understand their business model perse. So they have tied up with the publisher and so it is the publisher you would be printing the books or they will be digitizing those books?

If they are printing the books, publishers will run out of business and so that won't happen.
    If they are digitizing the books, Amazon Kindle is a competition to them.
    If they are selling books, they aren't a major ecom players.

So not sure what their business model is. Can you try to help me understand how they are selling those books and what is the medium of sales?

mk27418 likes this.
  3. deepmukherjee123

deepmukherjee123 Member

Service
    Su
    Sure, I think the buiseness model is not cleared to you
    Repro will be digitizing the books as they have tied up with Prestigious and many good publishers Global wise.why would publisher run out of the buiseness??? The model is pretty simple they will bring all the publisher under one roof which will be called as Repro One book factory. Any retail persons whomsoever wants to buy the books it's just a click from the online which will go to the e-commerce site say Amazon and Flipkart and from there it will directly go to the repro's content repository and thus further the delivery will take place .. I hope that's clear ?? Now agreed with a OPM of 4% is not that good to fascinate someone to enter and buy this stocks but one needs to realistically understand the what change this company has bought in to there buiseness?? It's the BOD segment now just check a company from a loss making to a profit making since 3 quarters and so on and every quarter just look at the progress from 1000 books per day to 7500 books per day that's the progress and in the speed they are growing since 3-4 quarters .. Doesn't it sounds good?
    Your call sir now

mk27418 likes this.
  4. shabbir

Still I am not clear with the business model. They will be digitizing the books and that part is clear. So now the question comes, will they be taking up the royalty on each copy of the book sold or they will be charging one time fee for digitizing the book?

Also they have no inventory is needed and will they be printing each book?

I am actually lot confused seeing their website and trying to understand the business. See this page http://www.repro.in/services/retail/overview where I don't understand what they are doing for publisher. Are they printing or digitizing for me as a publisher.

Also they offer print services http://www.repro.in/services/print so it means they are directly competing with the publisher or they are printing for the publisher.

So I think this is a tough business model for my understanding and so I will let this pass as of now.

mk27418 likes this.
  5. deepmukherjee123

deepmukherjee123 Member

Service
    Completely your Decision to avoid or buy but Im not understanding what makes you to not to Understand the business??
    Now as far as Publisher is Concerned "The biggest headache is managing inventory, returns from retailers and an impossibly complex supply chain.”

Repro aggregate content from the publisher (the content owners) and archive it in there digital warehouse; They access it on demand when an order is placed through an e-retail channel; They then produce, fulfill and deliver it ‘just-in-time’ to the end user – in India and across the world. They have further extended the solution to distribution and collection – right up to collection of royalties which they give publishers for each book purchased and produced.
    the latest technology in Print-on-demand, They can now print on demand as low as 1 copy per title, with a rapid turnaround time. Through the ‘one-book’ model they can now print books in real time based on actual demand. This allows them to drastically reduce publisher storage and inventory costs, while still meeting customer demand. Additionally, thanks to there vast digital warehouse, digital storage of data is a part of the value added service.
    This solution benefits not just readers everywhere as they get access to more books – anywhere in the world. But the largest and most significant benefit is to publishers everywhere. Suddenly the entire world is a market with content becoming available to anyone, anywhere.

upload_2018-6-1_12-40-33.png

Attached Files:

nirajshah and mk27418 like this.
  6. shabbir

This clarifies things for me and so let us see if the trend in the quarterly results continues and if it does we can look into it.

nirajshah and mk27418 like this.
  7. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

This is awesome @deepmukherjee123

Sent from my Micromax Q385 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app