1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Venkeys and Tejas network ,voltamp transformers ,HAL

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by nagarjunadevasani, Jun 24, 2018.

1. nagarjunadevasani

nagarjunadevasani Member

Hi All .. I have stuck with all these stock as a new investor or trader if we lose all hopes at beginning it may be difficult to gain confidence and interest to continue on this market with huge losses ..can someone please help with these stocks how many months or years I can wait to reach my buy price ..

Venkeys ..3800/share here I have huge losses
    Tejas networks ..323 /share
    Voltamp transformers .. 1195/ share
    Pcjewellers .. 236/share
    HAL .. 1190/share

All are having huge losses ..without knowing I have bought all these stocks ..now I have stucked and no funds to buy new stock as well ..please guys help me on this

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

You have selected some of the wrong stocks to be investing in and the way one learn is by loosing money in the market. It is sad part but it is the ultimate truth as well.

I will share my views about the stocks based on if I would have considered them or not.
    The first step is to know the right stocks and you can do that by reading my following articles

https://shabbir.in/investment-checklist/
    and
    https://shabbir.in/fundamental-analysis/

Once the stock qualifies the above checklist and analysis, I analyze the business on the following parameters

https://shabbir.in/business-checklist/

Then comes the understanding the technical analysis based on price action which gives us the right price.

So coming to your stocks:

1. Venkys - Good to hold but then wait may be longer.
    2. Tejas - Doesn't satisfy my criteria of investing in unique businesses.
    3. Voltamp - Again yet another heavy electrical manufacturing company. I won't consider them.
    4. PC Jewellers - You have to take the call of exist as soon as possible. Yet another jewellery manufacturers that make money on the cost of making the jewellery because every other jeweler sale the jewellery at the same price point to attract customer.
    5. HAL - PSU is an easy avoid for me.

3. chaitanya_mella

chaitanya_mella Contributor

Could he consider averaging down on Venky’s

4. shabbir

emailsaravanans likes this.
  5. drjlbansal

drjlbansal Member

If you don’t have money to buy more and don’t want to average.Then you can wait for recovery of your stocks.

shabbir likes this.
  6. nagarjunadevasani

nagarjunadevasani Member

if am able to average then its good idea to average on Venkeys ? what about other stocks ?

7. shabbir

I never like to suggest to average down. The reason being, you want to make profit from market but this is not the only stock where you can make profits. The additional amount that you wish to deploy can be in some other stock as well and the profit from that stock can be used as a reason to book loss in this. Actually using the average method you are doing the same process but in the same stock. I prefer going for something else than the same stock. So I never recommend to average down. I personally prefer averaging up.