1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Investing in small cap and mid cap funds

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by prabhat_mishra, Feb 19, 2019.

1. prabhat_mishra

prabhat_mishra Active Member

Shabbir jee,
    While analyzing the -ve returns in my small and mid cap mutual fund portfolio, i observed that due to higher investment in 2017 and starting of 2018 my average value of holding goes up and it has detoriated the years of good return. In this regard, is it possible to frame some mechanism/guidelines when to infuse more funds and when to pause even your SIPs during high valuation period for small and mid cap funds. Is it possible to write some articles on it.

nirajshah and shabbir like this.
  2. rrjain319

rrjain319 Member

Yes even i have seen this is my portfolio, in my view we should do reverse pause in bull run and continue in bear run.. Although one cannot predict market but based on market sentiment this can be decided.. whats your suggestion?

3. chaitanya_mella

chaitanya_mella Contributor

How about topping up your SIPs during the bear phases.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Yes that is good play to invest less in bull phase but better option will be to top up more in the bear phase. I know it is tough and it may have more pains in the short term as well but that will be difference between men and the boys