1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Amara Raja Batteries

Discussion in 'Portfolio Updates' started by shabbir, Jul 5, 2017.

1. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

2. abhijitupsc

abhijitupsc Contributor

As shabbir sir says, I will wait for some more time for stock to consolidate before buying..even if at the cost of losing an opportunity like this..

Sent from my SM-J810GF using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

nirajshah likes this.
  3. abhijitupsc

abhijitupsc Contributor

nirajshah likes this.
  4. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

5. chaitanya_mella

chaitanya_mella Contributor

Three things strike me as odd.
    1. If this was being planned since Nov 2018 how come we are hearing about this only now.
    2. And the significance of the 2% stake purchase from Johnson control by Galla family. Why are we knowing about this so late.
    3. Does Johnson want to retain the rest or are they bringing in someone else. With this purchase the family will be the largest share holder though.

nirajshah and abhijitupsc like this.
  6. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

As already mentioned by @chaitanya_mella the only issue that I find disturbing from the management as good as of ARBL is, the way the news was unfolded.

They told the agreement has ended on April 1 but it should have been like so and so agreement will end from April 1.

Something being reported after it is done isn't going down well for me but then business has no impact as per the management and I also do agree on the same. We have some data to back as well. Hero Honda is a big example when Honda was out.

Again, there is one point which is JC is selling out their power business and it could be that ARBL don't want to make the new agreement with the new player and this could be a reason for sudden changes. Again since Nov18 there were talks but then company may not have informed because it was only discussion.

Also the news that out of 26% stake of JC, 2% will be taken by Galla Family and other by brookfield is positive as well but then it is better to wait and see the business. I will not take any call before seeing couple of quarters of results. Again, I have a big chunk of my portfolio in it as well and so there is no hurry for me to add more but if anyone wants to consider, he should wait for atleast couple of quarterly results and see the impact on the business if any.