1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

How do you like the stock - HDFC Life

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by laveshdixit, Aug 16, 2019.

1. laveshdixit

laveshdixit Responder

Software
    Hi,

Good morning everyone. I have been following this forum for a month now, and am impressed with the knowledge and information that has been shared here.

I am a market participant for last 10 years, and the market has given a lot of learning for everyone.

I have worked in Insurance industry (leading private Life insurance) for 4 years, and I feel that there is a lot of scope of penetration of the insurance in the country still. Private sectors (with the like of HDFC, SBI, Max and ICICI) are doing great in increasing their market share and also increasing the overall market size.

I am interested in investing in HDFC Life (good parentage, solid performance, consistent growth, + in share, + in EPS, ROCE (5 years) 30%, Net profit vs EPS consistent).
    But Price/BV is very high among peers (18 vs 10).
    https://www.screener.in/company/HDFCLIFE/#cash-flow

Should I be looking at this stock?

Regards
    Lavesh

nirajshah likes this.
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.

HDFC Life / HDFC as well as HDFC Bank should be part of the portfolio who prefer investing in the large caps. I am more of a midcap high growth high risk investor and so try to avoid companies above 1L cr

nirajshah likes this.
  3. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

If you are in to insurance business, you will know the working better. So always consider investing in them.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

shabbir likes this.