1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Hello Friends

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jayaravindran07, Jan 2, 2020.

1. jayaravindran07

jayaravindran07 Member

Am Jaya Ravindran, been around long in stock market as an investor in the beginning and recently added trading to my functions. Holding stocks like Page Inds, 3M, Honeywell, Abbott, Sanofi, HDFC Ltd, HDFC Bank and such. Am able to buy okayish into good stocks, but dont know when to exit. According to Benjamin Graham, one must exit to monetise gains, else not a very good investing policy. I hope to find that in this forum.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Hi Jaya Ravindran and welcome to DIY community of investor.

You have mention some of the great stocks and as long as the underlying business is doing good, there is no need to be selling. Once the business isn't expected to be doing good, it may be wise to switch.

3. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

4. laveshdixit

laveshdixit Responder

Software
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

I would sell a stock when I feel the underlying philosophy which made me buy into the stock is no longer there, any issues of corporate government or even when I have realized my gains that I targeted for the stock

Lavesh

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

nirajshah and shabbir like this.