1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Website issues - some observations

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by laveshdixit, Nov 8, 2021.

1. laveshdixit

laveshdixit Responder

Software
    Hi @shabbir,
    Some feedback on the website. (I was not able to find an appropriate forum for the thread).

1. The webpage hangs many a times.
    2. The cursor on a link does not change form (like thumb icon on pointing to a hyperlink).
    3. After clicking on new thread, it takes quiet some time to load the new thread page.

I have observed this in Firefox browser.
    I am not able to comment on what parameters may be at play here (not a developer myself), but I think may be there is some memory leak happening on the code.

May be you may want to check these issues on Firefox browser. I do not have any issues accessing other website. My laptop is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz 16 GB Installed RAM, and no issues on my laptop.

Regards
    Lavesh

shabbir likes this.
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Moved the thread into suggestion forums.

Happens in FF when you have many tabs open. I have seen it but Chrome is better in this regard.
    Yes it can take time but it is because of some issue with the front end rendering. It also happens when you are typing your reply to a thread that the characters don't show up on screen. Happens only in FF and not in chrome.
    I have not seen this issue but will still keep an eye on it.

Does it also happen to you in chrome?

3. laveshdixit

laveshdixit Responder

Software
    It does happen even when not necessarily many tabs

Yes I did not face the same in Chrome. I use FF for all my activities on browser.