1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

How to Handle Stock Market Volatility in 2022

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by shabbir, Feb 27, 2022.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Markets are very volatile in 2022 and it is expected to remain the same. How to handle such a high level of stock market volatility of 2022?

Continue reading...

emailsaravanans likes this.
  2. emailsaravanans

emailsaravanans Active Member

Very good article on different approaches. It is pretty much what we discussed here. The only problem people face is what is the right stock, which one to keep for long term, which one they don't want for 10 years, etc... I think most people don't spend time in reading about companies instead they spend time in collecting recommendations from various sources. They get bombarded with lot of stock recommendations in the midst of volatility and get lost. Basically people believe a particular stock for long term or a particular stock to be good or bad based on other people opinion and not convinced themselves. So, when there is a fall, they don't know what to do either to sell, hold or buy.

I think fundamental analysis, business and investment checklist blogs u provided is a great place to spend time and energy.

shabbir likes this.
  3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Exactly. The conviction you have to keep holding or adding more of the falling stock is what matters.

I have seen people want to invest in VodaIdea at 5 Rs and not Bharti at 350ish. They did expect VodaIdea will give better results and now when they see, both have only doubled for them though they could have booked at triple as well but they didn't in hope that it will quadruple as well.

I don't invest in telecom sector but this is just an example that came to the top of my mind about doing research and investing for the long-term and not taking up tips from someone.