1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Monthly cash flow

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 1sreerajvs, May 18, 2023.

1. 1sreerajvs

1sreerajvs Member

In searching of improving my monthly cash flow, I go through several topics like SWP in mutual fund, IDCW-interim, buying high dividend paying stocks... Etc. I plan with buying HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund IDCW Is it a good thought. Will you please suggest some ideas

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Never ask an equity investor on this because I have not been able to convince myself to invest in products that can't generate returns better than equity investing.

In the market you have so many products and you will find people selling them and people falling for it in the name of diversification. People invest in FDs because they need diversification.

Now consider one more such term as monthly cashflow. Can't you just sell one share of one of your holdings as and when you need cash? Whats stopping you from doing it.

Similarly, when you need dividend, sell one stock. Like for example if I am invested in Asian Paints and if I need money, I sell 1 share of it than to invest in a company that will not grow.

Again, my views are biased towards equity and I like to follow Warren Buffett who also does the same.

1sreerajvs likes this.
  3. laveshdixit

laveshdixit Responder

Software
    My reply may not be biased towards equity. My father was evaluating an option of regular cash flow, and I started evaluating HDFC Balanced advantage fund (dividend), and that happens to be a very good option. Consistent dividends given over multiple years. Has been a good performer all throughout. I suggested my father to go with the same.

1sreerajvs likes this.
  4. 1sreerajvs

1sreerajvs Member

Thanks shabbir Sir & laveshdixit for your valuable suggestions. Actually I used some Positional trading setup for cash flow, but some times due to job schedule I cant make a setup for it, sometimes it will go wrong:). So I looked alternate method. once again many thanks for the prompt reply.

5. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

The pleasure is all mine.