1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

How to manage Stop loss & Chart Trading

Discussion in 'Tools/Software' started by ravirajpr, Apr 15, 2014.

1. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Hi Shabbir,

Can you please which broker's software provide the following features other than Interactive brokers as I'm aware that chart trading and most of the below features is available in TWS.

1. Chart Trading - Can SL be placed on chart and modified from chart.

2. Manage SL - Usually how do you manage SL. For example if there are 10 to 15 stocks in the portfolio do you modify the SL manually on a daily basis.
    Or does the charting s/w allows to specify a fixed % or points as Trailing stop as GTC (Good Till Cancelled) or GTD (for that particular day)

3. OCO Orders - I find this feature very helpful in TWS though not sure if this feature is available with all Brokers.

4. Company Results - As Company results will have an impact on the price how do you track which Company will declare their quarterly/semi-annual/annual results. As I'd like to monitor my portfolio as the results declaration may have an impact on the stock.
    Do you have any suggestions to track this in a better way.

5. Personal Finance s/w - Do you use any specific software/tools to manage your account for tracking purpose (for P&L calculation) and run some metrics to identify the best pattern that fetched good results so that you can put in more efforts to concentrate only on those patterns.
    Currently I'm using AceMoney and Excel to track my account however would like to know if there are any other tools that may be useful to run reports on a regular basis.

As usual thanks for your time.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

No other broker's software is able to provide the first point that you have mentioned. Zerodha comes slightly close but not upto the mark of what you are looking for.