1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

My Monthly Portfolio Report – December 2016

Discussion in 'Portfolio Updates' started by shabbir, Dec 1, 2016.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Stocks and mutual funds added in Nov 2016 to my portfolio and plans for Dec 2016 with detail analysis of why I invested in Ashok Leyland and why auto sector can be the next market leader.

Continue reading...

2. ugowris

ugowris New Member

Senior Consultant
    Hi Shabbir I am holding Ashok Leyland @ 86 as well let me know which is the best price to average?

Suresh_Sinha likes this.
  3. shabbir

I don't like averaging for the sake of it but if you have purchased less and want to add more, you should do that at 75ish and then at 65ish if it goes there.

Suresh_Sinha likes this.
  4. bhat64

bhat64 Apprentice

Shabbir, In some forums and books I read they said averaging down is not what the professionals do they actually average up...can you provide clarity on this statement.

Sent from my iPhone using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

Suresh_Sinha likes this.
  5. shabbir

Very true. Has explained it in the article here - http://shabbir.in/average-down-falling-stock/

You possibly have noted that very seldom I average down stock in my portfolio and recently instead of averaging down Pidilite, I preferred investing in Zydus Wellness. http://www.diytechnicalanalysis.com/community/threads/16-december-2016.2453/

Suresh_Sinha likes this.