1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

PVR Share

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by madhuvarsha, Jul 16, 2018.

1. madhuvarsha

madhuvarsha Member

PVR Share is dipped ..is it right time to buy?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

No. I don't think so because there is an issue with the regulations and if it goes through, and other states follows, then it will have an impact big ways. So it is better for everything to play out and see how the earnings impacts.

chaitanya_mella likes this.
  3. madhuvarsha

madhuvarsha Member

There is an argument that how many of us are interested to bring our food to the theater? Does this really impact to the class of people who visited PVR?
    Outside food is also allowed to take to Malls but still people eat in the malls ...so will it really impact in long run?

chaitanya_mella likes this.
  4. chaitanya_mella

chaitanya_mella Contributor

Let's say I go to a mall. I head to KFC or Burger King or a Subway. Buy food and head to the theater. Consider this multiplied over many consumers. Given a choice I would buy food (even if it is at the mall)and carry it in. The food courts and theaters are two separate entities. So even if you buy at the mall it will hit the revenue of the theater.

Theaters earn peanuts from ticket sales. Their major revenue source is food and parking (for standalone theaters).

5. akhtar80

akhtar80 Responder

First of all one must understand that irrespective of what finally happens with government decision. I am always sceptical of any business which is in amusement n entertainment business. Reason is very simple to run a business in this sector one has to keep on investing be it no of theater's, promotion, launches, plus govt taxes etc. Also, country still doesn't attract many foreign tourists as compared to other smaller counties like Singapore, Dubai or hongkong. For this sector to grow we definitely need to atleast triple our current inflow and also overall image needs to be changed as we as a country are only promoting heritage not as a leisure or entertainment destination. Which in my opinion is still 50years away.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

6. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

True. Too much Govt regulation is always an avoid.