1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Rakesh Junjunwala

Discussion in 'Individual Investing Strategies' started by jignesh_acharya, Apr 14, 2015.

1. jignesh_acharya

jignesh_acharya Active Member

What is the investment philosophy of RJ? We know that he is long term investor but how he identifies the stock?
    How he values the stock like we know in the case of warren buffet that he uses the intrinsic value,Business valuation model, etc..
    I think he is more looking on the turn around stories...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. jignesh_acharya

jignesh_acharya Active Member

Some of his trades and investments.....

Attached Files:

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I don't follow RJ but then as far as I know, there are employees who do research for him but then not sure about what they research about.

4. saptarshi_sachin

saptarshi_sachin Responder

Yes you are right.

Atul Suri is Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s right hand man when it comes to trading in stocks. He is a brilliant trader and trades for RJ. He is also a partner at rj's firm.

And for research RJ relies much on Utpal Sheth. He is a senior partner and ceo of rare enterprises. Also, he is co-founder of trust group and has lot of experience under his belt.

shabbir likes this.
  5. Suresh_Sinha

Suresh_Sinha Active Member

If you look at RJ's investments, most of his gains are from few stocks only like Titan, Lupin and so I don't think his investments as good as Warren Buffet who has done all his investments based on a rule which is given him returns.