1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Stock Screener

Discussion in 'Tools/Software' started by ravirajpr, Apr 8, 2014.

1. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Hi Shabbir,

Good day.

Can I check with you what Stock screener are you using to identify potential trade setup. If you are using your own formula which tools do you use.

Also I'd like to share the stock screener that I'm using to screen the best patterns and this suits my style and reduces time in searching for potential trade setups. I add to my watchlist and wait for the pattern to form for the best potential trade setup.

https://www.morpheustrading.com/services/stock-screener

There are 3 types of trade setups Breakouts, Pullbacks & Short the bounce (though I don't short any stocks). I'm attaching the screenshots of few of my recent closed positions and it can be noted that I usually use volume, and patterns to trade good looking patterns and trade only a small part of the wave. Usually it takes approx 4 weeks for the trade to develop though at times the pattern can form within a week's time depending on price action.

We can try to create similar kind of formula in Amibroker of MetaStock though I haven't tried it as the screener in MTG is much fast.

If others are fine than I can continue posting few of my closed trades so team members can use real time trade examples.

Can I suggest we create a new Column/Topic as Tools/Software to discuss similar of topics for the benefit of members.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    masihpatel and myidgmc like this.
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I use Interactive Brokers terminal to screen stocks but the idea is to use 52 weeks high stocks to build my list of stocks and then track them for trade setups.

Yes thats a great idea.

3. shabbir

The forum is created and this thread is moved into the newly created forum as well.

4. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Thanks Shabbir.

5. shabbir

The pleasure is all mine Raviraj

6. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Hi,

I'd like to recommend VectorVest screener tool for those of you who are serious about investing using Technical Analysis.

This one of the tool that uses both Fundamentals and Technicals as well. When we apply Technical Analysis on fundamentally sound stocks the success probability is more (this may sound strange in Technical Analysis forum).
    Basically what drives the price of a stock is the earnings of a company and future prospects growth of the company and this tool helps in identifying stocks of this aspect.

If you'd like to trial the software it is available at

http://www.vectorvest.com/

though it may cost. If you are interested do refer my name as I'm regularly providing feedback to the company to include few of my suggestions and we as a group can benefit if the enhancements are incorporated.

7. myidgmc

myidgmc Member

Hi

could you please share your experience with VectorVest screener??

Thanks in advance.

8. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Hi,
    As mentioned earlier I find it very useful and I apply TA to find good patterns that I'm comfortable with.
    You can give it a try if you are ok with the cost.

Thanks.