1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Tata Motors

Discussion in 'News' started by rahul_kumar, Jun 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rahul_kumar

rahul_kumar Member

Any idea about this counter...

Tata Sons, the holding company of India's salt-to-software Tata conglomerate, plans to buy out Tata Steel Ltd's stake in Tata Motors Ltd on or after June 23, it said in a regulatory filing on Saturday.

Tata Sons will buy about 83.6 million shares in Tata Motors at or around the prevailing price of the stock on the date of the planned acquisition, it said in the filing.

It cited "restructuring of investmentportfolio" as the reason for the planned deal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

2. bnnarayana

bnnarayana Contributor

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

One of the Tata company buying stake in other is not much to cheer into. If they would have found some investors, that may have been interesting. On top of that, it is business that will drive growth and not restructuring and value unlocking.

4. bhat64

bhat64 Apprentice

Not many Tata companies have given good returns to shareholders. For me history is a leading indicator of the future!

Sent from my iPhone using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

shabbir likes this.
  5. suhel_b

suhel_b Member

I am working in one of TATA group company. The first thing is the ethics should never compromise whether its employees , business or stakeholders.

Not from technical analysis perspective but from general perspective my view is that these companies internal buying and merging is part of bigger strategy.
    Since this group has solid cash flow, their goals are very long term.
    E.g. Buying back of TCS shares is part of bigger plan to merge few tech companies and still keep the floating stocks number at same level
    This is just one example. You can think of boiling frog theory and you will know that small steps to bigger change often goes unnoticeable.
    So in my view, Tata Motors, TCS and Titan are worth investing but from long term perspective only .

Sent from my iPhone using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

shabbir likes this.