1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

What successful traders do on weekends?

Discussion in 'Individual Trading Strategies' started by nirajshah, Aug 21, 2016.

1. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

I would like to know what do traders do on weekends?

Please share your experiences. This is all I could think what the traders might do on weekends
    1. Plan for the next week and read all the news and then decide what stocks they should be trading.
    2. Analyze more stocks to be added to their trading kitty.
    3. Read more newspapers and look for news that may be relevant to their trades.
    4. Read news on Internet that may be relevant to the stocks they want to trade or have open positions.
    Niraj

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

When I used to trade lot more, I used to take weekends off because you don't need to be doing the same thing all the time. Now when I am investing, I do read about lot of companies on weekends and do very little on the trading days.

akuvijay likes this.
  3. Suresh_Sinha

Suresh_Sinha Active Member

I just keep myself away from markets on Sunday but I do checkout few things on Saturday

4. shreeganeshchikhali

shreeganeshchikhali Active Member

pharmacy
    Yes,correct sir but this is depend upon ur trading style.e.g.if u trades technically only analise what ur chart says.if there is brekout then set ur target & sl and seat tight.
    second thing is if u going to lot much analysis then ur analysis will 100% going towards paralysis.

shabbir likes this.
  5. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Once you are doing only technical analysis, you need to be reading charts only but once you are doing fundamentals, you may need to do lot more analysis off market and there is very little that needs to be done on market.