1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Whats Your Profession?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shabbir, Aug 12, 2012.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

What do you do in life? Full time trader? Where do you work? I thought it might be nice to get to know little more about each other.

2. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    I work for Income tax Department (Investigation) Special cell as IT Head in New Delhi.

3. sujan4bw

sujan4bw Member

I work for Philips as SAP Consultant in business Intelligence domain.

4. masihpatel

masihpatel Active Member

I work as a Telecom Engineer with Mobile operator.

5. dspathak

dspathak New Member

I work in the software industry. I am new to technical analysis. However I have been a equity mutual fund investor since quite a few years. My idea is to try trading as a part time thing. Temperamentally, I am relatively risk averse. I want to see if I can learn a few technical analysis tools well and apply them to get about 20% annual returns ( post tax and expenses ) on my trading corpus relatively consistently. Not sure if this is a realistic expectation (you guys can tell me).

I hope this forum can help me get started. I have been through Shabbir's book but not yet grasped everything clearly. I plan to reread the book and get help from this forum.

Would appreciate any tips or suggestions from members in this forum.

6. naveen1241

naveen1241 Responder

Working as SAP Technical Consultant with TCS and I'm a part time trader. To be more correct, whenever I get time to indulge :)

7. shabbir

I would say 20% is very easily achievable to me and I am sure to many members of this forum as well.

8. drsuraimardi

drsuraimardi New Member

Doctor
    Hi all!
    I am an M.S.(General Surgery).Earlier I was senior resident in Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences ,Patna.Now I have joined Jharkhand Govt.Health Services and posted in my homeplace Ghatsila.Besides this I run a Nursing home of my own. Now a days I am interested in short term trading and long term investment as the chance arise .At night I see the charts and analyse .But I am still learning

9. charuhas31

charuhas31 New Member

Hi all,

I am Chartered Accountant, working with Godrej & Boyce as Manager - Finance. I have been trading for last 7-8 years and experienced gud profits as well as losses with small capital I put in. Fear of loosing money due to direction less trading always put me on back foot for introducing additional funds in trading.

I was trying hard to get some gud technical analysis guidance from net as well as other sources but always came across with theoretical knowledge than that of practical aspects, but shabbir's book pleasantly surprised me with information I was looking for and on the top of it this forum is icing on the cake, thanks a lot to Shabbir and all you guys for providing valuable information and great initiative

Charuhas

10. shabbir

The pleasure is all mine Charuhas

11. vishuhd1

vishuhd1 Member

Software Engineer in IBM, Bangalore
    I work for Module lead in IBM, Bangalore location.

12. vishuhd1

vishuhd1 Member

Typo.. I work as Module Lead in IBM, Bangalore location..

13. vishuhd1

vishuhd1 Member

Shabbir,
    How about you?.. Have you gotten yourself completely into trading or Is this your second profession?..

14. shabbir

My second profession or rather I am a part time trader and investor.

15. ramgole

ramgole New Member

I am software engineer in Bangalore

16. vankudrevakil

vankudrevakil New Member

advocate
    hi all i have just joined the forum thanks to shabbir and his e-book. i have learnt a lot from e-book. i am advocate by profession and i am interested in share trading as part time thing and i need help from all of you to achieve profit.

17. shabbir

Welcome to the forum Snehal Vankudre

18. balurajgopal

balurajgopal New Member

I am working in central govt department, will retire in march next year. I am a day trader. But lost heavily, because of lack of understanding and discipline. I will go through book of SBji and then discuss. I wish the admin,thread managers, members and friends a very successful life in all respects.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    shabbir likes this.
  19. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

I'm working as IT software engineer and have been investing in Stocks & MF for around 8 yrs using fundamental analysis. I've passion in technical analysis and in the process of improving my investing style and with a long term goal of managing my own funds took the learning curve of technical analysis before 1.5 yrs primarily on Forex and have learnt a lot the hard way.
    It took me 1.5 yrs to identify what suits me and the strategy and have started to apply TA knowledge on Stocks as a swing trader and long term investor. To keep it brief noted that to be successful it requires 60% skills and 40% psychology as emotions play an important role to make the correct decision.

Special thanks to Shabbir for this blog as I think this will help share our knowledge and educate and improve our skills to achieve our goals.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    jyotiranjan8605 and shabbir like this.
  20. balurajgopal

balurajgopal New Member

Welcome raviraj.let us learn together