1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Ashok Leyland

Discussion in 'Portfolio Updates' started by shabbir, Jun 28, 2017.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I have sold my complete position in Ashok Leyland at 92.25 levels. Contract notes attached. My overall position in Ashok Leyland was 2500 units at an average price of 81.14. So I made a total profit of 27,518 on an investment of 2,02,843.

There are a couple of reasons for me to sell my total position in Ashok Leyland and both the reasons have nothing to do with fundamentals of the company.
    1. I want to remain cash heavy because my view on the index is negative and 9700 Nifty Looks like a Near Term top to me.
    2. I have other better opportunity in auto ancillary sectors where I see the current correction will provide a very good entry into that stock. I had other stocks in my open portfolio that could have been sold but then as I see a good opportunity in the auto ancillary sector, my preferred choice of stock was Ashok Leyland.
    So I liquidated 10% of my existing portfolio and if I see a significant correction in the market, will deploy this money back.

This update is not a recommendation of investment or trade in the stocks discussed but just my research about the stock that I share openly with my blog readers and DIYTA community members.

Attached Files:

hitesh_mahant and arunmohan like this.
  2. Suresh_Sinha

Suresh_Sinha Active Member

This is so awesome share from you Shabbir and I completely agree with your view that we should book profit in good stocks as well if we can foresee a good opportunity

hitesh_mahant likes this.