1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Portfolio advisor

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by laveshdixit, Aug 20, 2019.

1. laveshdixit

laveshdixit Responder

Software
    Hi Shabbir,

I have a current portfolio of 10x (where x is a number). I would like to add 10x amount in my existing portfolio but probably NOT the same stocks but in a SIP way (50% lumpsum and remaining 50% in the next 5 months). The stocks that I have identified are as below.

(Unable to upload .xlsx file) so copying the content. (Sr No, Stocks, Sector, Mcap).

Sr No Stocks Sector Mcap
    1 Symphony Consumer D 8,500
    2 Relaxo Consumer D 10,500
    3 Syngene Health Care 12,200
    4 Aarti industries Materials 15,000
    5 Tata global Consumer S 16,600
    6 Bata India Consumer D 18,000
    7 Colgate Palmolive Consumer S 33,000
    8 IndusInd Bank Financials 83,000
    9 HDFC Life Financials 1,10,000
    10 Asian paints Materials 1,50,000
    11 Kotak Bank Financials 2,90,000
    12 Hindustan Unilever Consumer S 3,95,000
    13 Reliance Industries Energy 8,10,000

Now the help I need is that

a. I want to narrow down on these stocks (from 13 to 5).
    b. I need to get the details about (PE, PB, ROE, ROCE, PEG, EPS growth, Revenue growth - Avg 5 years for all the parameters), Free float Mcap. Will I need to go through different sites (like MC, Investello, Screener, Value research) or can I get all the information at one place.
    The above would help me to validate my choice of stocks

Regards
    Lavesh

nirajshah likes this.
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Screener is good for all those that you want.

If you ask me 5 it will be tough for me because I am purely small and midcap investor. Most of your companies are in the large cap category.

Symphony, Colgate and Bata are the companies I track and so will be good in my portfolio. If I am allowed to add some more from outside, it will be Marico and Page Industries for sure.

Moreover, don't pick a stock to invest. Investing is less about numbers and more about the team doing the business. Invest in the team doing the business.

nirajshah likes this.
  3. laveshdixit

laveshdixit Responder

Software
    Thanks Shabbir for the quick response.
    I can't agree more on "Investing is less about numbers and more about the team doing the business."
    Are there any sound principles/ground rules (tangible ways) by which one can judge the management and the team.

But numbers are important since one should be investing in a business that is already running on high valuations? Is that not right?

nirajshah likes this.
  4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

nirajshah likes this.