1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Rakesh Junjunwala

Discussion in 'Individual Trading Strategies' started by jignesh_acharya, Apr 17, 2015.

1. jignesh_acharya

jignesh_acharya Active Member

It is said that he has started his stock trading career in 1985 with the capital of Rs 5000 (Today's 50,000 with 8% inflation). I believe at that time there was not F&O and he was not be able to use the leverage. Is it possible to generate such millions from very small capital?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I don't think so but the reality is they start with 5k but then in the middle of such a long tenure, they added more investments as well as withdrawn it as well. I remember he once saying that his investment was sold to purchase a bungalow and the dividend paid by that company is more than the cost of bungalow or something like that.

So then he has withdrawn the money and I assume he has invested as well.

sajidyakub likes this.
  3. saptarshi_sachin

saptarshi_sachin Responder

I think there is not much of a point discussing rj. He started investing into equity market when India was not an open economy and the doors were practically closed to FIIs. Also in all these yrs, India's gdp has grown a lot and the picture changed when India opened its doors to foreign investments, I think first step was made in 1991.

I know someone who retired from HDFC 3 yrs back. The lady said to me that perhaps when HDFC was getting listed or something like that..... Then people coming to hdfc for loans were handed over shares of hdfc (i think 10-15 rupees was the price). Those people did not want to take but they were used to be coaxed by hdfc employees to take that in whatever quantity possible. Hdfc ppl used to push these shares along with passing the loans... Management had told them to sell the shares... In that time ppl did not want but eventually some has to take in small amounts. So that lady told me that one day just in her last yr of retirement, a man of 60+ yrs came searching for her and was looking around the whole hdfc branch at jeevandeep. Finally the man was able to find her after lot of effort and he met her and told her that long back she forced him to take some shares of hdfc and he was was not willing at all. But that small amt has grown to 15 lacs now and that he will be using it for his daughter's marriage. He thanked the lady immensely. So you see even a simple person who knew nothing had invested money and gained lot.

As far rj is concerned, many of his investments did not work in recent past...
    But definitely rj is the warren buffet of india, no doubt in that....

akuvijay, jignesh_acharya and shabbir like this.
  4. narendrakurajak

narendrakurajak Member

Can some one provide a rough idea about RJ trading point of view.

5. caringvij

caringvij Active Member

6. shabbir

Invest in good management who has the potential to become future leaders

7. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

And how we can know if management is good or not

Sent from my 504Q+ using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

8. mdsafdarimam

mdsafdarimam Active Member

EQUITY & COMMODITY TRADER
    there are lots of false myth woven around some trading individuals. for example there are stories of W D GANN , on which trading systems,trading course & trading books are sold on very high prices. it is being advertised that GANN made millions in trading. recently ALEXANDER ELDER (author of many popular books) interviewed GANN's son & his son told ELDER that his father never earned much from trading, actually he never earned at least that they can live comfortably. reality is that he had to do other jobs so that there house expenses are met. about RJ, few years before someone asked him how he became billionaire with only rs 5000 without leverage , he smiled and didn't said anything. RJ's famous investments are in titan and praj industries. majority of his investment in titan he is holding. in praj he has booked profit. recently he had incurred huge losses in commodity trading, especially silver. only he & his closest peoples know how he became billionaire with only rs 5000. it will always be secret to the world. but reality is he is billionaire.

shabbir likes this.
  9. shabbir

Read this book which has a chapter on how to find the best possible management - http://amzn.to/2d8hUMG

Those 15 points are worth reading for any investor.

nirajshah likes this.