1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Recommended Technical Analysis Books

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by shabbir, Nov 14, 2013.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

1. Technical Analysis: The Complete Resource

[​IMG]

Complete and reliable 650+ pages of reference material for technical analysts written in very simple language. This book is a bit costly but the content in the book is worth the price of the book. I like most about this book is each chapter has an objective to achieve and as your read along the chapters you achieve your objective.

On Flipkart or Amazon India.

2. Technical Analysis for Dummies

[​IMG]

This book is for traders and investors who wants to understand the base for technical analysis. This book explains the basic principles of technical analysis and shows you how to implement them to trading and investment.

On Flipkart or Amazon India

3. Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications

[​IMG]

Suggested by AjithaPriyasi.

Flipkart or Amazon India

4. Five Waves to Financial Freedom

[​IMG]

Suggested by anantgkulkarni and eldermanojjain

Not available on Flipkart but only on Amazon India.

5. Trading for a Living: Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management

[​IMG]

Suggested by monilhathi
    Flipkart or Amazon India

6. Understanding Price Action: Practical Analysis of the 5-Minute Time Frame

[​IMG]

Suggested by @mdsafdarimam

Amazon India

7. Trading Price Action Trends:

[​IMG]

Suggested by @mdsafdarimam

Amazon India

As I read more books on technical analysis will add to the list but if anyone else has any recommendation they can add them below as well and I will merge them into my post.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  2. onkar9

onkar9 New Member

Hello

Does this book really helps in taking decisions for buy or sell for any stock or again its just a informative or teaching book which remains in books only & when you does it practical it goes for a toss.

3. AjithaPriyasi

AjithaPriyasi Member

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications : John J. Murphy

4. shabbir

No they are mostly for reference books because they contains almost every chart pattern and as a trader you cannot apply all of them. I prefer my book when trading but then it is also good for me to be keep updating myself with new books and strategies and refine even further if I need to. I did that and formed my eBook but then I think there is scope for improvements on it as well.

Added to the above list of Books.

5. verenmitter2001

verenmitter2001 Member

IT, Education & Ex-Army officer
    Dear Shabbir
    When is your update ecook is coming.
    I remember you mentioning last year of releasing the new version in 2013 .
    Hope i haven't missed it.

Regards
    Veren

6. shabbir

No you have not missed it but the topics that I would like to include could not actually include it and sorry for that.

Actually I am making the eBook and forum invite based only and this is because I want to be interacting with each and every thread posted here and not want to be letting that left to others and as I have limited time only.

Also my blog is not being updated as there is so much to be done but I hope to stabilize things as I am moving forward.

7. anantgkulkarni

anantgkulkarni New Member

Five Waves to Financial Freedom By Ramki N Ramakrishnan,

8. shabbir

Added and it is not available on Flipkart and when you search for Five Waves to Financial Freedom it shows results for rat race to financial freedom

9. eldermanojjain

eldermanojjain New Member

trader
    Martin j. Pring Momentum Explained
    Martin j. Pring technical analysis explained
    Martin j. Pring technician`guide to day & swing trading
    these books also good

10. eldermanojjain

eldermanojjain New Member

trader
    Five Waves to Financial Freedom By Ramki N Ramakrishnan, this book also good to learn elliot wave.

11. shabbir

Momentum explained is not something that I liked too much. Other two are ok

12. monilhathi

monilhathi New Member

Marketing
    Trading for a living - by Dr. Alexander Elder ..an excellent book that goes a little beyond technical analysis to give insights in to pyschology of charts, expensive but worth every penny

13. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    I have gone through all post and came to know that yes we Indians actually giving attention to education material of " Stock Market " and I am happy to see the changes cause what I heard that 90% of retail investors/traders got huge loss and even getting from " Stock Market " even I used to stand in those 90% group around 8-9 years back but now from almost last 4-5 years I am in 10% group and I will give all credit to education of " Stock Market " for that and happy to say by this post I can say at least some of us started getting education on " Stock Market ".

I personally read so many books and learn so much but one think what I realize is that all books contains almost the same thing like a Technical Analysis book contains chart patterns almost the same, Fractal Analysis book contains Elliot wave, Fibbonici, Pivots, etc., almost the same, Sentiment Analysis book contains psychology and sentiments of traders, etc,. I got only few which are worst to buy because of so much garbage inside but what I realize there is big difference in theory and practical cause met only few who is earning because they learn from book.
    I personally learn from books and found difficulty applying those in practical cause none of them containing anything about how to handle loss and what we should do when in loss, of course all described at the time you got your stop hit you should take exit but what next, I am sorry but didn't find that. Yes when I met some of Technical experts I got my query resolved from few.
    So I personally took that stuff and started writing a book "Learn Technical Analysis And Stock Market Behaviour “.

What I can say here is books can teach you well but to earn and apply on real time you have to be strict with yourself only because I know how my friends have lost even they have learned from book.

I lost because I know nothing about Stock market that time but what about those who know it well, learned well but not able to earn.

Surprised but it is true........

and the reason is they don't follow the stops, they don't know how to handle the loss, they don't know what they should do when got few stops continuously and the result they started booking profit with less bucks but follow their loss very long and even averaging the loss.

I didn't find anything regarding averaging, so personally made a strategy that where should I average and at what stage I should avoid it and what level I should not average and where I have to take exit from the script and found only 2-3 stocks where I have taken exit and found only one where exited at loss but found so many with huge profit and even described my strategies where it required.

I hope it will be helpful for all but if someone don't agree on this than I apologizes for that.
    Happy Trading,
    Keep Smiling Always,
    Jai Mata Di.

vijay_kumar likes this.
  14. myidgmc

myidgmc Member

Hi Sanjay,
    how to download 'Learn Technical Analysis And Stock Market Behaviour' book?
    or can you share that book in this forum?(if possible)

Thanks,
    Ram

15. madhusudhanps

madhusudhanps Member

16. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    Hi!
    Thanks for taking interest in my book but still I am writing and not completed as yet but posted few pages that you can go through.

A book which may change your trading style, and will take you out of your losses
    "Learn technical analysis and earn by yourself".
    On request of some users I am posting few pages of my book
    "Learn technical analysis and earn by yourself".

Direct link of book with pictures is below.....

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2WDI8gJDAYdYTFSZUZXa01WRVE/edit

Please put your comments here regarding the book no matter bad or good

17. kajaria

kajaria New Member

18. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Thanks for suggesting the books.

To answer to Sanjay's comments what most miss is discipline, trade plan, strategy, position size based on proper risk reward ratio and above all to overcome emotions. I've come across many who don't have a trade plan and they don't do any journal of thier trades and that is where they lack discipline in the process of continuous learning as this is a journey and we need to improve our skills over a period of time.
    If all these are in place it will be very easy to apply technical analysis for investing/trading.

19. trgopal09

trgopal09 New Member

yes, really doing good work keep continue...................

20. zoharsb

zoharsb New Member

Respected Sir,
    The book is very costly for me (4761), if anyone has purchased and can share just softcopy or Zerox(preferable) I am ready to pay the dues. Need in under 1000)
    Zohar