1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

ICICIDirect Spider Software

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by trvtrekker, Jun 16, 2013.

1. trvtrekker

trvtrekker New Member

Hi Shabbir, I am warming up to charting. In one of the forum threads you talk about chartnexus and its really useful. What are your thoughts about Spider software for charting. Its used extensively by ICICIDirect. On the outset it seems costlier to me?

2. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Not sure if I'm replying to an older msg and as this is my favorite topic replying to this thread :)

I have seen their charts and looks good though haven't tried it.

The cost efficient charts are
    NetDania
    Amibroker
    MultiCharts (this comes with a one time cost and the charts are very clear and crispier)

Other software is costlier unless you are able to breakeven with the cost.

3. masihpatel

masihpatel Active Member

Recently I came across this site tradingview.com, offers free charting also paid one. Having lot of Tools and indicators in free version also. Looks Ok for me. Views are welcome.

4. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Hi Mashi,

The chart that you referred is the same as what I had mentioned under Tools/Software "Stock Charting Software".
    It seems TradingView now provides charts for Indian stocks as well and is a good web based charting tool.
    The free version provides only EoD charts and will suffice to those who use EoD data and is worth.
    There is a paid version "PRO" with additional features.

5. masihpatel

masihpatel Active Member

Thanks Ravi for sharing your view.