1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Stock Charting Software

Discussion in 'Tools/Software' started by ravirajpr, Apr 9, 2014.

1. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

I've used it for a brief period and personally I don't prefer it as I didn't like the drawing tools and the monthly cost was more and didn't find much value in it.

masihpatel likes this.
  2. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Is anyone using MetaTrader chart s/w for Indian Stocks. I had used it briefly for Forex charts though not sure if it supports external data especially for Indian stocks.
    I like this s/w as it is very easy to read not sure why brokers are not customizing it for their Customers.

3. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

I had tried the trial version of SpiderSoftware IRIS EoD (with historic intraday data) though the chart looks good however the parameters of the drawing tools couldn't be customized.

Having used MultiCharts & eSignal there is lot many features that needs improvement in Spider s/w.
    For a free charting s/w ChartNexus seems to be the best choice.

masihpatel likes this.
  4. cbpancha

cbpancha New Member

Working as 3D CAD Modeller in Godrej
    Thanks Raviraj.

I am using Amibroker from last 1 year. Updating EOD by getbhavcopy daily and quite satisfy with the software.
    We can also scan stocks as per our strategy by coding. This part is missed in ChartNexus.

Thanx.

5. cbpancha

cbpancha New Member

Working as 3D CAD Modeller in Godrej
    If anybody wants guidance for amibroker then I am ready to help.

As raviraj said no free lunch in this world but for learning something we can try patched software.

6. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Thanks Panchal noted.

Initially I had tried Amibroker briefly and agree it is a very good tool for screening and charting provided you use external data or a 3rd party data.
    What I like about Amibroker is it is very light and loads very fast.

7. siva934127

siva934127 Member

Is there any good tool for commodities predefined support resistance like ChartNexus?

Thanks,
    Siva.

8. somshankarsahoo

somshankarsahoo New Member

Hi cbpancha, any idea where to get the patched version of amibroker for learning purpose?

9. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

Just fyi NinjaTrader charting s/w is available for free if you request NinjaTrader sales team however it requires data from 3rd party data provider.

NinjaTrader is a very good s/w for chart analysis and even with so many web based charts available I always prefer a tool on local machine for convenience to for study purpose. Initially the learning curve may be more the quality of chart and analysis is very good.

shabbir likes this.
  10. ravirajpr

ravirajpr Responder

One more good news for those who'd like to use Ninja Trader charting software with free data from Yahoor.

As you're aware Ninja Trader is a free charting software for analysis purpose and data needs to be sourced from 3rd party or from Yahoo. There is a tool called "GTT Easy Load NSE" that will create the NSE symbols in the Instrument Manager and map to Yahoo, eSignal and Interactive Brokers.

http://www.globaltradingtools.com/software/easy-load-ninjatrader/nse-india/
    This tool's author is an Australian Trader and their Co is approved by Ninja Trader.

Though this tool has a price if you look at the overall benefit you don't need to pay for the data anymore as the data can be pulled from Yahoo and later if you decide to have an account with Interactive Brokers it will work as well.

In case if any of you are willing to get this tool do let me know and refer my name for discount as I find this tool very handy and just wanted to share in this forum so members can benefit from using a quality charting sofware.

As mentioned earlier it is my interest to try out new tools & software and I've come across this tool which does what is says.