1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

What is your style of intra-day trading?

Discussion in 'Individual Trading Strategies' started by rajesh_gaikwad, Aug 23, 2016.

1. rajesh_gaikwad

rajesh_gaikwad Member

Am highly interested in knowing how others execute their trade. What time you normally prefer to trade? Do you do 9-3 trading? what are the thoughts in your mind at 9:00 am ? :) etc...

Many people advice to trade after 11-11:30 am. But I observed that by 11:30 am, we don't have much to trade and need to wait for momentum. Some stocks like Axis bank goes up in first 15 minutes on a bullish day and stays there through out the day.

I like to enter into trade by 9:40 am, This time you get high volumes and most of the stocks tries to consolidate and are in process to stabilize. I prefer the trade should be quick..

what is your opinion and style of trading ?

Suresh_Sinha and shabbir like this.
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Very good question and let me try to answer them.

I am very impatient as a trader and you will see those in my investments as well as in my trades. I am so impatient that I at times regret those executed trades at certain price point. The reason I am impatience is because I don't want to be looking at the price ticker all the time and as long as it is not fully executed, I tend to be refreshing the window for no reasons whatsoever.

When I see a perfect setup, I trade based on price and not based on time more often. But when I am investing, I prefer falling market and invest after 3PM in the falling market.

When it comes to trading, I prefer the price action strategy and breakout and so a breakout means its the time and not based on clock.

Such general timeline for trading is very ***. Can work for some stocks in some sectors on some day but such general statements are nothing but immaturity.

Yes that's a good amount of time after the opening for anything meaningful to be concluded but still use the price to tell you lot of things than to worry about what your clock is saying. As an example my entry in Jubilant LifeScience was around 9:30AM http://www.diytechnicalanalysis.com/community/threads/18th-august.2280/ and many of my readers considered this entry of mine to be perfect and this was an investment (not after 3PM though).

So there is no general statement when it comes to time of the day to trade. Market is lot more smarter than that.

My style of trading is based on price action and formation of certain pattern in price charts.

Suresh_Sinha likes this.
  3. rajesh_gaikwad

rajesh_gaikwad Member

Thanks Shabbir,

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

The pleasure is all mine.

5. akuvijay

akuvijay Active Member

I track for breakouts.. and enter the trade after two ticks as confirmation and maintain stop loss as the low of first tick..

Usually I track nifty 100 for intraday/BTST..

If Breakout happened around 3 PM It is most likely to continue the next day 9:15 to 9:45 session..

Another tip for intraday is.. between 9:15 and 9:45.. low and high during this time frame will be key supports and resistances..

Sent from my MotoG3 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

6. rajesh_gaikwad

rajesh_gaikwad Member

Absolutely. Resistance/support level mentioned by you, is the key for day trade.
    You have mentioned you will watch for breakouts. Is it automated in your system or you manually watch for that? Observing 3-4 stocks and flipping back and forth could be very laborious task and might miss the opp. what is your say on this?

Thanks for your updates, it is useful.

shabbir likes this.
  7. akuvijay

akuvijay Active Member

I have made a Google spreadsheet, where I track change in prices with intervals of one hour.. I track shares percentage change from 1 pm to 2 pm, 2 pm to 3 pm and 3 pm to 3 30 pm.. of there is any major trend changes then I study the graph of that particular share for price action confirmations (volume and candlesticks of high highs and high lows) in chart of 10 min and 5 min.

Sent from my MotoG3 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

shabbir likes this.
  8. rajesh_gaikwad

rajesh_gaikwad Member

Oh I see!! Thanks for the quick reply.
    I normally study few stocks in advance but those go for toss in the situation like yesterday's fall and there is no guarantee those stock will be in focus all the time. :)

Thanks!